Visit the calendar master page for the daily blog entries
After unsuccessfully looking for an appropriate O-ring to repair a slow leak on my toilet, I decided to effect my own repair and used some silicone sealant to increase the volume of the O-ring seal to the aft toilet. Unfortunately all I managed to do was turn a slow leak into a fat leak. It turns out that the source of the leak wasn't in the O-ring part after all, but in the main plastic mounting block; which had developed a crack that grew in size each time I tensioned the mounting bolts. And, of course, the replacement kit is not in stock anywhere on the island; so I will have to wait until I get to St. Martin before I can get a replacement and use the rear head. Luckily, I've got 2 other heads aboard to use as a backup!
Apart from work on the Jabsco toilet, I did more cleaning up and preparatory work.